The Electric Imp Platform
For manufacturers and businesses seeking to bring their products and services online, Electric Imp provides a complete end-to-end solution that makes it simple to connect nearly any sensor, device or service to the Internet quickly, securely and seamlessly.
The Electric Imp connectivity platform is a proven solution featuring fully integrated hardware, software, OS, APIs, cloud services and security that can effectively enhance your devices with greater functionality, efficiency and performance.
Now, rather than spending time and resources to design, integrate and maintain a connectivity infrastructure, your business can instead focus on its core expertise of building the best products for its customers, adding greater value and differentiation, and significantly reducing time to market. With Electric Imp, the possibilities are endless.
Electric Imp features:
- imp-Authorized Hardware™ The Electric Imp platform starts with the imp, a powerful module integrating WiFi and compute power, which acts as the gateway to connect your device or service to the Internet. Imp hardware is available in several forms: modules with or without an integrated antenna, and as a single chip for high-volume applications.
- impOS™ The software foundation for the imp’s features, the impOS provides secure cloud connectivity services to your product and allows you to concentrate on creating code to bring your product’s functions to life.
- impSecure™ Electric Imp’s market-leading security features are designed and embedded into every single physical and virtual aspect of the Electric Imp connectivity platform. They are continuously maintained and updated.
- BlinkUp™ Patented BlinkUp is a unique way to cut training and technical expertise required to securely commission, provision and deploy connected devices on the Electric Imp platform. It uses light patterns to allow your service technicians and customer to securely connect with the cloud in seconds using standard smartphones or tablets.
- impCloud™ impCloud allows you to run ‘agents’ — server-side code unique to each and every device in the field — that are used to provide HTTP IO and cloud-side processing to all of your products, and easily connect your products to anything with Internet access. Agents can act as a central hub to your products, apps, third-party services and even your own servers.
- imp APIs Use the advanced imp APIs to enrich your customer experience and build your business by developing enhancements like messaging, monitoring and much more.
- impCentral™ Implement and maintain your software, push new code and features easily to devices at any time, ensuring that your users always have the latest features.
- impCentral Production Tools Gain more insight into your factory production lines and scale to millions of devices.
- impCentral API Integrate Electric Imp’s online development functionality into your existing workflow and tools.
- imp Code Libraries Enhance your software’s functionality with ready-to-use code that will help you take advantage of leading edge web services and hardware components.
- impFactory™ is Electric Imp’s recommended factory BlinkUp™ fixture. This off-the-shelf factory appliance allows your assembly line to instruct production devices to securely run your factory firmware. Part of the Connected Manufacturing suite from Electric Imp.